Saturday March 11 saw the annual Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards. Although the title doesn’t lie and it is meant for kids, it’s also one of the most entertaining awards shows out there. At least, for people who grew up on Nick.
People get slimed, is what I’m saying. Buckets of green stuff get poured onto the presenters, the winners, the audience, you name it.
In between the bouts of hilarity, announcers announced, and winners won. The Kids’ Choice Awards are decided by online polls, making it one of the few awards decided purely on the “popular vote”.
The categories are decidedly geek-friendly, as you might expect from this channel. There are dedicated categories for TV cartoons and animated films, as well as a “Favorite Voice” category for voice acting fans. Animated characters are also eligible for categories like “Most Wanted Pet”,” “Favorite Villain”, and the inexplicably-named “#Squad”.
So, without further ado, the winners of the categories we focus on here at The Vocal Range. That means categories that had cartoons or voice actors in them.
Cartoons at the 2017 Kids’ Choice Awards
- Favorite Cartoon: SpongeBob Squarepants (still going strong after 18 years!)
- Alvinnn!!! And the Chipmunks
- Teen Titans Go!
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- The Amazing World of Gumball
- The Loud House
- Favorite Animated Movie: Finding Dory
- The Secret Life of Pets
- Favorite Voice From an Animated Movie: Ellen DeGeneres (Dory, Finding Dory) – Nice pick!
- Kevin Hart (Snowball, The Secret Life of Pets)
- Dwayne Johnson (Maui, Moana)
- Anna Kendrick (Poopy, Trolls)
- Justin Timberlake (Branch, Trolls) – Did we need a double Trolls representation?
- Reese Witherspoon (Rosita, Sing)
- Favorite Frenemies: Ginnifer Goodwin & Jason Bateman (Judy & Nick, Zootopia) – Yeah!
- Anna Kendrick & Justin Timberlake (Poppy & Branch, Trolls)
- Ben Affleck & Henry Cavill (Batman & Superman, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice)
- Chris Evans & Robert Downey Jr. (Captain America & Iron Man, Captain America: Civil War)
- Dwayne Johnson & Auli’I Cravalho (Moana & Maui, Moana)
- Charlize Theron & Emily Blunt (Ravenna & Freya, The Hunstman: Winter’s War)
- Most Wanted Pet: Snowball (The Secret Life of Pets) – Guess the kids want some villainous pets.
- Baloo (The Jungle Book)
- Dory (Finding Dory) – Dory is NOT a pet!
- Po (Kung Fu Panda 3) – Keeping Po as a pet would be like keeping Baloo the Bear!
- Red (The Angry Birds Movie)
- Rosita (Sing) – Seriously?
- #Squad: Finding Dory
- Captain America: Civil War
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
- X-Men: Apocalypse
If you’d like to catch the ceremony, or just the highlights, Hollywood Life has a stream up. I highly recommend watching John Cena get slimed.