Here’s your complete list of animation and cartoons on the major streaming services in May 2017. It’s, well, it’s not a great month for animation fans.
The big get in May is Amazon’s addition of the CGI-heavy Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. The Michael Bay production is better than 2014’s edition, though not by much.
Brad Garrett is the standout voice actor as baddie brain-in-a-box Krang, with the turtles voiced by people who are decidedly not Rob Paulsen, Sean Astin, Seth Green, and Greg Cipes.
On top of the turtle madness, this might be a good time to catch up on American Dad and Bob’s Burgers, because they’re both dropping off Netflix in the next few weeks.
Aside from that, Happy Feet is a pretty much OK flick about tap-dancing penguins, featuring voice work by Hugh Jackman, Elijah Wood, the late Robin Williams, and others. It also features the creepiest take on an aquarium you’ve seen since Blackfish. Here’s hoping June brings better toonish tidings.
Cartoons and Animation on Netflix in May 2017
- Happy Feet
- Kazoops!, season 3 – Kid stuff for preschoolers.
- Spirit: Riding Free, season 1 – This series is a followup to Stallion: Spirit of the Cimarron.
- F is for Family, season 2 – Bill Burr, Laura Dern, Justin Long, and Debi Derryberry star in a 70s-flavored King of the Hill.
Animation Leaving Netflix in May 2017
- Ferngully 2: The Magical Rescue
- Garfield’s Fun Fest
- Jetsons: The Movie
- American Dad!, season 7
- Bob’s Burgers, season 2
- American Dad!, season 8
- American Dad!, seasons 9 & 10
What’s New in Cartoons on Hulu, May 2017
Amazingly, nothing. They’re not adding a single one.
New Animation on Amazon Prime for May 2017
- WellieWishers, season 1 – It’s based on a line of American Girl dolls. Sorry.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
What’s Leaving Amazon Prime
Amazon does not publish this information.